CHEMISE LINGERIE: Triumph
A few weeks after I got engaged, I went with one of my best friends to a bridal show in Dallas. In a word it was…overwhelming. I had just wrapped my head around the basics of wedding planning and suddenly I was surrounded by hundreds of booths with very active and boisterous sales/vendors pitching me left and right. The one perk we figured? I got a sheet printed with my information on it so I could easily enter into every booth’s raffle giveaway. I made it my mission to enter as many raffles as I could before the overly eager sales people drove us out the doors. From free honeymoons to free wedding cakes, I figured I had to win something.
Well, I did. Although it was not was I was expecting. I got an email a few weeks later saying I’d won a free boudoir shoot. If you’re unfamiliar with what that is, you’re not alone. It’s a new trend in the bridal industry that involves having photos taken of yourself in lingerie or next-to-nothing and other props to give as a wedding gift for your husbands eyes only. This particular company will come to Dallas, reserve a room at a boutique hotel such as Hotel Zaza or the Joule and take photos of you in four different looks. It’s honestly something I wouldn’t have spent money on or have thought of doing if I hadn’t won it. But since it was free, I decided why not? And now that I am doing it, I wonder why it wasn’t a priority in the first place. I can think of five solid reasons why doing a bridal boudior shoot is a good idea:
1. If not now then when would you ever consider doing something like this for your husband (or yourself)?
2. You’re already getting in the best shape of your life for the dress, why not have something to document how amazing your body looks beneath that dress (and remind your husband what a lucky guy he is)?
3. Your friends are already spending money on nice lingerie, so you’ll have plenty of new looks to choose from.
4. There are half-naked women practically everywhere these days, from billboards to mainstream television. It’s time your husband had photos (for his eyes only) of his wife looking like a sexy, confident vixen.
5. You will have a personal, unique gift to give your man on the day you get married and he is guaranteed to love it.
I have the shoot scheduled, but I haven’t done it yet. The hardest part for me has been trying to think of outfits I’d like to wear. While I won’t be ordering large prints of the photos (they do offer that), I simply don’t want any photos of myself in super risqué lingerie in the case that (Lord forbid) my future children stumble upon them. For that reason, I’ve been resorting to cute babydolls, chemises, and robes that I could pair with my veil (and that I could also actually wear to sleep in the future). This one from Triumph, for example, would be perfect for a look paired with my veil (and they also have a matching robe!). I’d shared another lingerie set I received from Triumph several months ago, and the navy lace, vintage-inspired set would also pair nicely with a matching robe for the photo shoot. They have amazing options that are also quite comfortable. You can check out their full bridal lingerie line here.
While I’ve become accustom to having my photos taken for the blog, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was extremely nervous about this particular shoot. I’ll be taking my little sister along for moral support. Stay tuned for a review of how the shoot went, and wish me luck!