SHOP THE LOOK
SCARF: Nordstrom BP. // SWEATER: J.O.A. // STRIPED TEE: similar Nordstrom BP. // LEGGINGS: Hue // PUMPS: similar Jeffrey Campbell // BAG: similar Rebecca Minkoff // EARRINGS: BaubleBar // SUNNIES: Prada // WATCH: Michael Kors
Confession…spring and summer are my favorites times of the year for fashion (hello, all the bright colors!!) but one thing I do love about fall/winter is layering. Today I’m teaming up with my friends at Nordstrom to give you a lesson in layering.
Click on the read more button below to get my tips and tricks on how to layer for the fall and winter season + get the full scoop on the outfit I’m styling today.
Layers not only create warmth in the colder months, they also add unique texture to your look and the opportunity to mix fun patterns and colors. Nordstrom is my go-to place when it comes to finding pieces to mix, match and layer because they have endless options at amazing prices.
The key to mastering the layered look is balance. Layering can create bulkiness, so you have to be careful to balance it out so it doesn’t add five pounds. Below I’ve rounded up a few of my tips and tricks on layering.
1. Pair Long Tees with Chunky Knits. This tip is first because that’s what I did in the look I’m featuring today. A great way to add an interesting pattern or color beneath your chunky, loose knits is by throwing a long tee beneath. This striped tee is my go-to for layering beneath my knit sweaters because it practically goes with everything and adds a little flair to every look.
2. Pop Your Collared Shirts Under Your Collarless Sweaters. With your chunky, collarless sweaters, add a little prep in your step by popping a collared shirt beneath.
3. Wear Skinny Jeans or Leggings. Balance out your chunky, oversized sweaters and scarves with some fitted leggings or skinny jeans to balance your look out.
4. A New Trend to Try. Give a nod to the nineties by pairing your fitted tees beneath a slip dress or jumper.
5. Wear Your Fave Spring/Summer Tops. Throw a utility or leather jacket over your fave spring/summer tees and tops and wear them all year-long. Bonus points if you layer up your over-the-knee boots over your skinnies.
Hope you found some inspiration for layering up this fall/winter. Stay tuned to my blog and instagram for more outfit ideas this holiday season.
**Thanks so much to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
-Photography by Angie Garcia Photography.